Forward Care Packages to:

PCV Monique M. Green
Apartado 98-5200
Nicoya, Guanacaste
Costa Rica

Monday, July 5, 2010

The tales of an introvert

June 27, 2010
The tales of an over stimulated introvert
Sometimes, I want to hang out in my room and blast my stereo. I don’t own a stereo, so I’ll turn on my MP3 instead. I am going to turn up the volume until I can turn down my own thoughts. I want peace. Peace of mind. I get overwhelm by the monotony of my days, the slashing and burning of garbage in the streets, the stench of burnt plastic, the mound of white rice on my plate, the kids out playing at all hours of the day, aren’t school hours from 7am until 3pm? Are is that just a US thing? Did I mention, I can predict my neighbors’ schedules? I know when they wake-up, prepare breakfast, send the kids off, that is if they go, wash clothes, cook lunch, watch their telenovela, Calamidades belleza, cook dinner, and the list goes on. Where is my metro train to take me to the other side of town? I am a city girl, got damn it! I want to hear buses, cars honking, heels clicking on the pavement, the voice of the electronic check-out machine, and the voices of my friends. To be fair, Nicoya is the closes you could possibly be to a city. It is pretty urban. It has some of the things listed above, but it is all so different. Maybe I am just in one of those moods, where I just want to be. I just want to be in a place where I have a peace of mind. When I need peace, I usually gravitate towards my room to lay back with my feet kicked up, hands propped firmly behind my head, and listen to my music. It is occurring less frequently, but as an introvert when my energy level dips off I trail off.

No comments:

Post a Comment