Forward Care Packages to:

PCV Monique M. Green
Apartado 98-5200
Nicoya, Guanacaste
Costa Rica

Monday, July 5, 2010

CAT Frustrations

CAT FRUSTRATION
June 25, 2010
CAT…INTEGRATION…CAT…INTEGRATION…CAT!!!!! This is so damn frustrating, writing this damn report in Spanish. I love interviewing because I learn so much about my community and I could feel my Spanish improving as I hear myself changing tenses, but writing this report in Spanish is just so overwhelming. I cannot express my thoughts as clearly as I would in English. However, I should note I am not being graded, so why am I putting so much pressure on myself. I guess, I feel like I have something to prove. I am a damn good writer and want that to be evident in this Spanish as well. Oh, well. I guess, instead of stressing, I am going to go out and mingle with my neighbor’s instead. I am going to out and interact with folks. Maybe have a cafecito. I love saying that word, but the truth is I do not drink coffee. I wonder if they say tecito, I have yet to hear that. Anyway, I have time to execute this damn CAT. Wait, those are the words of a procrastinator. My old habits are starting to take effect. I read somewhere that you will be who you are five years from now, unless you make an intentional effort to adjust your attitude. I have made strides, I’ve started this process the second week of being here. I did it for my own sanity. There is nothing like feeling like you have a purpose. I am here to serve the community. However, I have no idea as to what that means exactly. This CAT is to help create a plan of action based on the needs of the community members. I have not spoken in Spanish in three years, let alone write. Vamos a ver.

No comments:

Post a Comment