Forward Care Packages to:

PCV Monique M. Green
Apartado 98-5200
Nicoya, Guanacaste
Costa Rica

Sunday, December 20, 2009

What am I going to do about my cellphone?

I cherish perserving what can be preserved. Most of my clothes that I currently wear are from my highschool days (I graduated 8 yrs ago). For goodness sakes, I've had my well-functioning TV since I was 13 and I am now 24. I am dreading even having to think about getting rid of my cellphone while I am overseas. I've had this phone for 5 yrs and it took my friends 3 yrs of convincing me, I needed the thing in the first place. This precious device serves as my life line. It has saved me from some life threatening situations (ok, so I am being dramatic). Nonetheless, there is some value in having a cellphone. In my research, I've discovered that my t-mobile phone is not compatible with CR communications technologies. So, what do I do?

Do I get rid of it, plain and simple, and buy another once I get there? Or, should I keep my phone active here for as low as $20 bucks per month? After all I pay less than $60 for my phone and probably will not get a deal as good as this.

In general I live pretty simply, but again I like to hold on to things as well. To my fellow PC folks & family member what have you done in the past with your cellphones?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Serenity,

    A friend of mine sent me the link to your blog. We don't know each other, but I have a feeling that we will be at staging and pre-service training together in March. My name is Quanic and I have also been assigned to Costa Rica, scheduled to leave March 2, 2010.

    I'm also in the DC area, so depending on where the predeparture meeting is, we might be on the same flight.

    I have yet to start a blog, but my email address is qfullard@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete