Forward Care Packages to:

PCV Monique M. Green
Apartado 98-5200
Nicoya, Guanacaste
Costa Rica

Friday, December 18, 2009

The invitation--CR

When I got home from work... I've been working like an animal (ok maybe a legal US corporate slave) since I've moved to DC 10 months ago. DC is a toxic place to live. Unless you have a well paying job, you have to work, minimally, 2 jobs to survive and save $$$. So I have two jobs and constantly feel overwhelmed by it all. As proof of my mental tension, my acne resurfaced because my hormones are out-of-wack (I've gone 7 years w/o acne).

However, when I arrive home that Friday evening there was a little white & thick package with PC logo on it. I was immediately excited and yet nervous. Although, I've agreed to accept the C/S American Youth development email offer, I had no idea where they were sending me exactly. So, I bypass the form and nonchalently put my belongings away. Took a shower, cooked dinner, brushed & flossed my teeth, & performed my nightly routine which includes pampering my precious, sensitive, and beautifully toasted almond (brown) skin. Once I finished my therapeutic pampering.

I walked passed the envelop again. I looked down at it and decided what the hell! I've started this tedious process 14 months ago and I refused to go back. Without overthinking, I've opened up the darn thing and discovered an official letter offer, a small paper VAD (volunteer assignment description) booklet, & a large blue PC folder contained w/ more paper work. I picked up the PC offical invite letter and in bold print it read Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was ambushed with joy! Then, I realized wait I've been there before. Since, I've disclosed that info with them I am sure they are aware, but I just decided to go with it all, this time.

I've been fortunate enought to receive 3 offers. 2 of which were highly desirable programmatic options. Since I've completed my dental work there is no excuse to turn this down, now. So it is offical. I'll be heading out (tentatively) March 2, 2009 to San Jose, Costa Rica for the next 27 months fo my life

1 comment:

  1. you recieved 3 offers? how is that? I tried so hard to get a second offer and they absolutely refused despite my increase in skills. What were the 3 offers???

    ReplyDelete