Forward Care Packages to:

PCV Monique M. Green
Apartado 98-5200
Nicoya, Guanacaste
Costa Rica

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dancing in the dark

It is now July and I am still dancing in the dark. I was suppose to leave this month, but everything got pushed back because they imposed an imaginary deadline. I called frequently to verify if there were any deadlines and I was given vague and unassuming responses. Now, I know that I indeed missed the deadline. Only, if I had damn health insurance this would not be an issue. So, I found a free health clinic in Pittsburgh (my hometown). Sounds great I know, but I live in Maryland. Nothing here is free unless you are under 20. DC has opportunities, but you must be a resident and I don't know anyone there to use their address.

Now it is just a waiting game. Not to mention, I have yet to get the dental work done for PC, which by the way cost money that I don't quite have.

I realize that I must push on with my life already, so I am back on the prowl and this time I am hungry. I need a new opportunity that will fuel my adventurous appetite.

Yes, if and when the PC present an opportunity I will consider especially, if in a desirable region. If not, then I will revert back to plan B.

Peace Corps unassuming and vague.

1 comment:

  1. Hey it's Valeria. This waiting game is all part of the Peace Corps process. You will wait a while... sometimes to the point where you are ready to move on with your life and do something else...that is when they will answer you.

    One of the biggest things about PC is PATIENCE!... It's so hard to hear but trust me, i've been here for 3 months and i've been tested time and time again...and it doesnt seem like its gonna end either...
    I used to call PC washington all the time with questions about my application and they would always say the same thing...we 'll contact you or we can't disclose that info right now.

    I wish you the best. If you are able to put your life on hold till the pc get's their shit together for you...then you will see how incrediblly difficutlt and rewarding this experience can be.

    Good luck- Peace Corps Panama Group 63

    ReplyDelete